causes orthostatic hypotension
Orthostatic hypotension is also known as western hypotension (postural hypotension). When blood pressure drops while lying down or lying down, it is called orthostatic hypotension. In this situation, various problems may arise due to low blood pressure. For example, relaxing the head, turning the head, even the person can go numb. Usually this problem lasts only a short time, from a few seconds to a few minutes after standing. No treatment is needed in this case. Most people may experience this problem suddenly after standing up for a long time. However, this problem can be a symptom of a serious illness if it lasts for a long time (especially, if the person is often silly). Therefore, it is necessary to consult a doctor quickly. In this case the treatment depends on the cause of the disease.
If for some reason the body’s normal biological process is disrupted, the blood pressure drops, resulting in orthostatic hypotension. The reasons for orthostatic hypotension are as follows
- Anesthesia: Fever, vomiting, inadequate watering, severe diarrhea and excess sweating result in anemia in the body. Anemia reduces blood volume in the body. Due to the small amount of anesthesia, various symptoms of orthostatic hypotension such as fatigue, tiredness, relaxation of the head etc. may occur.
- Heart problems: Different heart problems like bradycardia, heart valve problems, heart attack, heart failure, low blood pressure. This reduces the amount of blood supply to the body during the time of need (eg when sitting or lying down).
- Endocrine Problems: Thyroid problems, hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), adrenal insufficiency, diabetes can lead to lower blood pressure.
- Nervous System Disorders: Certain nervous system disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple system atrophy, Lewy body dementia, pure autonomic failure and amyloid failure due to pure autonomic failure. Blood pressure may occur.
- After meals: In the case of the elderly, blood pressure is reduced even after eating enough daily food. This problem is known as postprandial hypotension (postprandial hypotension).
Doctors identify the following symptoms in people with this disease:
- Frontal headache
- Sharp chest pain
- Feeling ill
- Irregular heart beat
- Increased heart rate
- Feeling pain while breathing (Hurts to breath)
- Abnormal involuntary movements
The risk factors for orthostatic hypotension are:
- Age: The risk of orthostatic hypotension is generally higher in the elderly (those age 6 and up). As you age, the efficiency of the specialized cells (baroreceptors) that control the blood pressure decreases in the heart and neck of the neck. As a result, the heart rate slows down.
- Uses of prescribed drugs: Drugs used to control high blood pressure and heart disease such as diuretics, beta blockers, calcium channel blockers, alpha blockers (alpha blockers) and nitrates (nitrates) increase their hypostatic risk.
- Certain physical problems: heart disease such as heart valve problem, heart failure, heart attack and certain nervous system disorders such as Parkinson’s disease etc. May reduce the blood pressure of the person.
- In contact with the heat: sweating increases the excess heat. This leads to anemia and lowers blood pressure. The risk of developing orthostatic hypotension subsequently increases.
- Bed Rest: Due to any physical illness, if the body is in bed for a long time, the body becomes weak. Orthostatic hypotension may occur when the person tries to stand.
- During pregnancy: The body’s circulatory system expands rapidly during pregnancy. As a result, blood pressure naturally decreases. However, after childbirth, blood pressure returns to normal.
- Alcoholism: Regular drinking increases the risk of orthostatic hypotension.
Those who are at risk
Gender: For both men and women, this diagnosis has an average likelihood.
Nation: White people have an average likelihood of this diagnosis. On the other hand, the probability of this diagnosis is less than that for Hispanic, Black and other nations.
It is attainable to regulate and forestall the unwellness within the following ways:
- Consumption of salt in food: just in case of low force per unit area, intense atiny low quantity of salt within the diet helps to forestall this downside. however keep in mind, the employment of excess salt will increase the chance of different physical issues. Therefore, you wish to watch out before intense excess salt in your diet.
- Moderate intake: If you have got low force per unit area when feeding a meal, you ought to eat atiny low quantity of carbohydrates.
- To prevent dehydration: to stay the body water balance traditional, lots of water and liquid foods ought to be devoured. At identical time, alcohol ought to be avoided.
- Exercise and Exercise: lightweight exercise are often done to stay the cuff mass traditional whereas standing up. when rousing, suspend your legs for a number of moments at the sting of the bed before deed the bed. it’s attainable to regulate postural hypotension through regular exercise and exercise.
- Bed Beds: once lying in bed, place your head upward with a pillow.
- Things to try to to once standing: If you have got signs of postural hypotension whereas standing, attempt to keep your legs in 2 directions. Or place one foot within the chair and lean forward. Blood flow are traditional once more.