Asthma patients got to take care about their diet in the least times. Some foods can reduce shortness of breath, while others increase it. So people with asthma should include certain foods in their diet to scale back their overall health and therefore the symptoms of asthma. Studies have shown that eating processed foods rather than fresh foods has led to a rise within the incidence of asthma over the past few decades.
Asthma patients should take a diet of fresh fruits and vegetables. However, we must confine mind that allergies are caused by certain foods which will cause asthma symptoms. Vitamin A, vitamin D, beta carotene, magnesium, omega 3 fatty acids and other vitamins and minerals can reduce the danger of asthma.
What to eat:
- Apples contain vitamin A , vitamin C and magnesium, which relieve asthma. consistent with a study within the Journal of Nutrition, apples reduce the danger of asthma and improve lung function.
Fruits and vegetables:
- Eating a spread of fruits and vegetables can reduce asthma symptoms because they contain antioxidants like vitamin C , vitamin E and beta carotene. Eating oranges, red, brown, yellow and green fruits and vegetables won’t only strengthen your system , but also reduce your asthma attacks.
Omega 3 fatty acids:
- Foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids, like salmon, sardines, tuna and a few plant foods like flaxseeds and nuts should be a neighborhood of your diet. consistent with the American Journal of Respiratory and important Care Medicine, eating foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids reduces the severity of asthma.
- Eating bananas helps to enhance the lung function in children with asthma.
Vitamin D-rich foods:
- Vitamin D-rich foods like milk, fruit juice , salmon and eggs, which may reduce asthma in children aged 8-15 years. vitamin D is understood to enhance lung function and reduce respiratory infections.
- A study published within the American Journal of Epidemiology found that children aged 11-19 who had low levels of magnesium in their bodies had worse lung conditions. So increase your intake of magnesium by eating bittersweet chocolate , pumpkin seeds, salmon and vegetables.
Foods rich in vitamin A :
- A study published within the journal Medicine found that children with asthma had less vitamin A in their bodies than healthy children. So eat foods rich in vitamin A like carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes and vegetables. All of those foods should be avoided if you’ve got asthma.
What to not eat:
- Salicylate foods can cause side effects in asthma. Salicylate is additionally found in medicines and other products. Also found in coffee, tea and other spices.
- Sulfites are found in dried fruits, wine, shrimp, pickled foods, and juice . It can make asthma symptoms worse.
- Synthetic ingredients, like food flavors, food colors, etc. are found in processed and fast foods. People with asthma should avoid these foods.
Foods that cause gas:
- Cabbage, beans, carbonated beverages, garlic, onions and fried foods cause gas which puts pressure on the diaphragm. It increases the symptoms of asthma.